Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting geared up

So we started this morning... my alarm went off at 4:45am and I tiptoed into the hallway to get ready in the bathroom without waking anyone up and was startled to see my Mom standing there. She was all dressed for working out with a smile on her face... we are going to try to get one attempt at each of the videos before we start the actual program on the 16th. We went downstairs where all the equipment was waiting for us... foam rollers, stability balls, medicine balls and of course Core X2. We began the adventure and I would be lying if I said that we didn't struggle. We probably did not get half the reps in about half the exercises but then there were other exercises that we did really well at. My Mom struggles with her balance and I am just weak in the core altogether so this will be an interesting round, for sure. I am pleased to say that before 6am I burned 411 calories and I feel great. All that work first thing in the morning should keep me in check when it comes to making food choices... at least that is what I am hoping for. So, tomorrow we are doing Plyocide... looking forward to it.

Make it a great day and Happy New Year everyone!

I am leaving you with some pictures from our New Years at Crystal Palace and some of the workout equipment... I have a GREAT life!!























































































2 comments:

Laura said...

You have such a gorgeous family!!! I love that you are doing this with your mom!!! We're all gonna have an amazing year. :)

Scrappytbear said...

Love it! And love the photos! You go! 4:45 AM? lord. that's hard.