Monday, January 16, 2012

Crock Pot Oatmeal

As promised, here is the recipe that I use for my crock pot oatmeal. I modify it, of course, to my taste and you can too! The next batch I make will be blueberry coconut oats... mmmmm

I began with my steel-cut oats to which I added an apple (chopped), 6 chopped dates, vanilla and cinnamon. I stirred everything together.




















Next I added the liquid, 4 cups of 1% milk and 1 cup of water:



















Next I placed the heavy bowl in a water bath in the crock-pot and turned it on low...


















Let it cook all night (about 6-7 hours)


















And woke up to a hot bowl of yummy goodness!!! This make a lot (the bowl is FULL) and it will last me the week. This is a week of never being tempted by bread because I KNOW what I am eating... it works for me and I can't wait to taste next week's version!

Have a great day!
BTW, blogger keeps flipping this picture upside-down... not sure why!

4 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

Where do you get Steel Cut Oats? You are motivating me to eat them!

Gaspegirl said...

The health isle of your supermarket... They are worth seeking them out:)

Scrappytbear said...

Great I need to go shopping :)

Laura said...

I'm going to try these next phase! Love my crock pot and love the idea of waking up to the house smelling all yummy and good! Thanks for sharing!!!