Tuesday, May 24, 2011

At war in my head...

OK, so I am on to week 6.. SIX people, I can hardly believe it!! I am nearly done the program and I know now that I will finish this program and I will be a runner and then I will be able to keep up with my Mr. Wonderful and my friend Terri Lynn. I am actually looking forward to running alongside of my friends and to just run.

So, as I said last week I ran week 5, day 1 and 2 together... back to back. I was hesitant to do day three of week five just because I was worried and wondered if I could really run for 20 minutes without a walk break. I was also waiting for a break in the freezing cold weather to go for an outdoor run... but since it did not look good weather-wise for the next couple of days I decided, on Friday night, to bite the bullet and do the run on the treadmill. I pressed start on the Iphone, got my music going and set out to walk for the warm up. I couldn't understand why I was feeling winded and overwhelmed and this was the walking part of the program!!! I slowed it down a bit and still wasn't feeling great but it was time to run and so I pumped up the speed and I went too fast... so I slowed it down, then I felt guilty and speed it back up and then I I realized that it was not going to be a good run. I battled with myself for a bit slowing it down and then speeding it back up ... I did this and continued this war in my head for 12 minutes of the run and then I CHOSE to run and I ran. I ran the remaining 8 minutes and then I continued to run through the cool down and continued to run until I ran those 20 minutes. Then I cooled down for 5 minutes... so I got through the run.

Here are the stats:

Calories 464
Time: 47:10
Average HR: 149
Max HR: 166

Now on to week six... wish me luck.

Make it a great day!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good luck girl! I know you'll do it! And 20 minutes of running??? Damn girl... I'm IMPRESSED!!!!

Anne said...

You will totally do it! Believe it! :) Great job on the 20 minutes...running is such a mental activity isn't it?