Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chest without the back...

OK, so we cheated a little. Mr Wonderful's back was still dreadfully sore and the hockey game was about to begin so we decided to do the chest exercises with the use of our Body Solid 7 Series Smith Machine and we had SUCESS! What a great workout, totally different from just push-ups but equally as demanding (or dare I say maybe even more so!). It was nice to know that my Mr. Wonderful was hovering over me in case I could not muster the strength to lift the last few reps... it was a different sort of experience, for sure. Was it effective? My pectoral muscles were worked so well that I am a little wobbly while typing today. It did the job and the back got a break.

I woke up this morning to a little guy who was sick, so Plyo had to wait. We will do it tonight as long as my treatment doesn't kick my ass again today. I am going to have my second treatment of Remicade and I hope that I tolerate it a little better tonight and don't require another 12 hours of sleep. In any case, the plan is to push play tonight or, if I am not well, call it a day of rest and push play for the rest of the week.

On the diet front, I am doing ok... making good choices and trying my hardest to stay away from sugars. I should say, for the record, that I detest Easter chocolate and all of it's sweetness. It is hard enough to stay away from that garbage when people aren't bringing it by the basket to my home. I HATE all this temptation so early on in the program... if it were in month two or three I wouldn't mind... but in the first month it is just brutal!!

Ok, that is all the whining that I will do for today... I will update with the details on the Plyo, Shoulders and Arms and C25K... whew... that is a lot of updating!

Make it a great day folks and keep moving!!

4 comments:

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

That machine sounds like a true torture device! Great workout though is awesome.

I hear you on the diet portion. I think that's the hardest especially around holidays. Keep your head in the game and allow a few cheats to keep the binges at bay. You're doing a great job. Good luck with your treatment today. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Kim said...

Hope your little guy is feeling better soon. I'm with you on the Easter candy. For some reason it seems extra sugary and sweeter than the rest of the year--I actually can't stand things like Peeps, but a good piece of chocolate . . . oh, boy.

BabyBokChoy said...

Hi there, so lovely to see you pop over at my blog, it's been so long!!! since SO days!! :)

Vanessa said...

ugh..i hear you about easter..this is my first year facing it & being conscious of what i am eating and that dang chocolate is everywhere!