Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

So last night at around 7:30pm I had my little boy tucked into his bed, homework was complete, kitchen clean up was done, and I found the courage to push play. It started quite similarily to P90x, with a series of exercises intended to warm up the muscles and joints BUT it was what followed that which took me by surprise! I expected to regain composure and do some stretches like in the X... WRONG! We had to do it all over, just faster! And then again, faster still until I thought I was going to pass out or slip over my sweat piles that were forming all over the place. OUF! That was the warm up!!! WOW, I knew then that I was in for a treat.

So, I had decided to throw in some R&R drink in my water - good idea! I think that it helped... but I should not have used some of that salt-free Mrs. Dash on my chicken stew! I thought that I was going to be sick!! Anyway, I managed to get through it all and felt like a million bucks. I am so happy to be active again and I feel like taking off the summer was the worse thing that I could have done for my endurance. However, I also know that I will rebuild it quickly so I am not getting discouraged.

Now, I should say that my joints are not feeling well this morning. I have inflamation in my left knee and feel a sore hip on the same side. This program will certainly remind me to keep taking all my meds to keep the joints free from inflamation so I can get through the 63 days, and beyond.

OK, so here are the facts:

Calories: 618
Fitness zone: 43:14
Fat Burn zone: 24:46
Average HR: 141
Maximum HR: 182

Yeah, I realize that the workout is only 40 minutes BUT I put on the HR monitor when I got dressed and had to run up and down the stairs a couple of times before the workout. Then I left it on for a bit while I continued to cool down... it took me longer than 4 minutes to cool down.

So, that is it - day 2 completed!!

Make it a great day!!

2 comments:

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Way to go on day 1!! I commend you for doing it later in the day after eating. I feel sick sometimes doing it first thing with NOTHING in my stomach. I hope your soreness goes away too. Keep up the great work!

Laura said...

Great job! I also commend you for doing it so late! It does get easier so keep on going!!! :)