Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Motivation

"He who fails to plan, plans to fail" - Proverb Quote

I was introduced to this quote when I first started working for an insurance and financial group and it has always stuck with me. My best week's or most productive weeks are those that I plan for... and so, with inspiration from the blog Racing With Babies I have decided to make some of my goals public and on the first of the month I will update my progress with them.

Personal:

- To choose the University that I will be registering with
- Begin the transfer of credits process
- Book our summer holiday
- Pack my lunch everyday to avoid falling off the clean-eating bandwagon

Running:

- To continue to respect the Bridge to 10K schedule
- Run 100kms this month
- Gain confidence while running in public
- Watch my form to avoid injury and work all the muscle groups

Cross-Training:

- Weight-train two-three days per week
- Increase weights before the end of the month
- Add cycling when possible, at least one long ride per week


My only other goals for the month are to keep smiling and stay off Prednisone :P I am feeling really sore today and I am thinking that the weather is not helping me right now but I am praying for the pain to go away without any assistance of more meds.

So, that is it for me ... make it a great day!

** oh, and I wanted to state, for the record, that I do not usually keep such a messy back yard but we just finished building the deck and that is why there is wood and the trailer sitting there.... :P I will take a good pic when we are all cleaned up and looking good! Thanks for the nice comments anyway ;) We are blessed to live on the farm and to have so much land to roam on. I love my life!!

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

i definitely feel more accountable when I make it public!