Thursday, November 18, 2010

Insanity + Flare up = Failure

Well folks, last week I began a new flare up, in my chest, that cause intense pain and I could not catch my breath at moments. As all of you know Insanity alone can do that by times... so added with this new symptom that I had caused me to not push play. It has been one week and with some added meds I am starting to feel better and in a little less pain... so I am now at a position where I must make a decision. Do I finish the last two weeks of Insanity or do I throw in the towel and start my P90x again with my hubby??? I am leaning towards the X because I will have a companion... but I will see. In the meantime I am going to push play tonight and do a Month 1 routine along with the Cardio Abs. I know that I won't be doing any Insanity this weekend because my Mr. Wonderful and I are heading on a road trip together. We will be meeting up with friends and the girls are going to be treated to a full body massage, mani, pedi and facial... ooohhhh, I can't wait! I also know that we will be eating at some of our favorite restaurants... which is a recipe for disaster for my diet :P

When we return we will be ready to tackle the X again... actually I am looking forward to the change. I am ready for the weight training and looking forward to giving my joints a rest.

Or do you all think that I should just "suck it up" and finish Insanity for the T-shirt? I really wanted that darn T-Shirt :S What to do?

Make it a great day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

LOL... The last 2 weeks of Month 2 are just painful. Being injured on top of that... I can't even imagine. I would go with your gut and move onto the X again with your hubby.

Any idea what happened to you? I really hope you feel better soon though!!!

Gaspegirl said...

I think that you are right Laura... maybe I will try Insanity again later! As for what happened to me ... well with Lupus I get flare ups and this time it was in my chest... it was terribly painful and just not something that I could workout through.

Thanks for your kind words! I will be back at it next week.

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

First off, I'm so sorry about your flare up. That is just awful and painful. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Since I'm kinda sorta doing the X again, I vote for that. LOL. I never made it to the last 2 weeks of Insanity myself but for totally different reasons.

Go with your gut, let go of any guilt, enjoy the trip with your huby and all those fab spa treatments. When you get home, you'll know what you're in the mood for. :)